Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222168 - 01/09/2002 08:24 Rioplay
lockeness
stranger

I have had jrec and the jrec rio drivers working for a while and thought I would try out rioplay. I'm a bit confused and am hoping someone can help me out.

I'm on XP. I downloaded the rioplay arf and zip files. I extracted the zip into C:\program files\rioplay-
0.29alpha1, which is the default for the zip file. I have set up a boot directory for the jrec rio drivers and I extracted the rioplay arf into my default folder in c:\program files\rioboot\default, which is where I had originally had the jrec rio drivers/client. I have 3 rios, so I created folders for each ip address and copied the extracted rioplay arf files into each ip folder.

1) When I boot one of my rio's the nfs log goes bannanas with the following lines repeating endlessly:

NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173\dev\audio
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173
\dev\display
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173\dev\ir
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173\dev\mixer
\bin\rioplay
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173\lib\ld-
linux.so.2
\etc\ld.so.cache
\lib\libm.so.6
\lib\libc.so.6

Over and over. The rio never boots.

2) What is the zip file for? I have it in c:\Program Files\rioplay-0.29alpha1. I don't get how it is used. Do I have to start something in this folder as well. I have tried putting the contents of this folder in both my nfs root directory (c:\program files\rioboot) as well in each of the default and IP directories.

Confused. Can anyone help me get this working.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CJL

#222169 - 01/09/2002 15:03 Re: Rioplay (DHCP) [Re: lockeness]
reza

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Interesting. Just as a side note, you don't have to use the IP address in the path. One way around it is to specify a host-name option in your dhcp server. This is what I do :

host rio {
hardware ethernet 00:90:00:11:34:2E;
fixed-address 10.0.2.49;
option host-name "rio";
}

then my code is in tftpboot/rio/...

The script that the rio uses to determine it's hostname/domainname is funny. I just looks at the first "." as the separator. If it has an ip address (10.0.1.14), then it thinks it's hostname is '10'. I guess this wasn't an issue with the default code as it would set it's hostname to mercury, and thus mount from /tftpboot/mercury.

So, does C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\192.168.0.173\dev\audio existt? It's looking for /bin/rioplay so it sounds like the init code was run. But are those errors or just debugging messeges? I've not played with jrec yet, but I'll get around to it at some point (too much stuff to install to get it working).

Reza

#222170 - 02/09/2002 08:33 Re: Rioplay (DHCP) [Re: reza]
lockeness
stranger

Reza

Thanks for the reply. First, while I thought I was fairly technical, this whole alternative Rio client stuff really has me humbled. It took me like 3 weeks to get jreceiver up and running (after installing the 40 programs it needs). It's nice though. Then it took me about a month more to get the jrec rio client working. I have been having issues with it, and want to try the alternatives.

As you saw above, I tried Rioplay, simply extracting rioplay into the tftpboot default directory, and it doesn't work. To answer your question, the directories in the log exist and there are files in each. I don't know what going on.

Then I tried your client. I nuked the contents of the default directory and extracted the rrr files into the folder. When I try to boot, it looks like it gets its image, but then it gets stuck looking for something in bin\sh, which does not exist in the default folder (bin does, but no sh).

Anyway, do you have any formal/informal documentation of how to set up rrr? I think that would really help me out. Thanks

Chris Locke