Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#227903 - 20/07/2004 07:04 Adding Songs
CFinch106
new poster

When I get the riocar this week, I'm going to want the songs to play in the order of the album as if they were cd's. I have begun to group them all into their own folders, ex. the Sevendust - Seasons folder would contain all the songs numbered in order, but it may also contain the m3u that I used to play them on the pc. Does simply seperating the songs into different folders allow them to be played together? And if it does, if the m3u get's loaded will it repeat the playlist or just not play?

#227904 - 20/07/2004 07:56 Re: Adding Songs [Re: CFinch106]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
When I get the riocar this week, I'm going to want the songs to play in the order of the album as if they were cd's. I have begun to group them all into their own folders, ex. the Sevendust - Seasons folder would contain all the songs numbered in order, but it may also contain the m3u that I used to play them on the pc. Does simply seperating the songs into different folders allow them to be played together?

Yes, provided that the tags are correct. One other thing that makes this easier is to ensure that the filenames have the track number in them, so that they sort correctly as well.

Quote:
And if it does, if the m3u get's loaded will it repeat the playlist or just not play?

There's a bug in emplode: if you have M3U files in the same directory as the MP3 files, they'll get imported twice. So it's worse than you think: not only will the playlist repeat, it'll use twice the space.

Fortunately, there's a checkbox in the Options dialog that makes it ignore M3U files. Make sure it's checked before you import anything.

#227905 - 20/07/2004 08:03 Re: Adding Songs [Re: CFinch106]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
If you pick that playlist (ie the Album level) then the content should be played in order (barring Shuffle being ON). You may want to make sure you're track names on the PC sorts alphabetically in proper track order (for instance, prepend the padded track_no to the name) in order to simplify things. If you pick a higher level, for instance Artist, then you should get the tracks within an album in order, and album after album played (again, depending on the Shuffle setting)

If you drag and drop your entire hierarchy at once, I'd leave out the m3u files, it at least used to lead to doubles - not so sure nowadays, was a long time since I did a large sync...

Oh yeah, if you haven't already - read through the excellent FAQ

#227906 - 20/07/2004 08:11 Re: Adding Songs [Re: mtempsch]
CFinch106
new poster

Yeah I've been checking on the faq, it just didn't seem clear to me about the folders thing. I've erased all my m3u's, and my tracks are in their appropriate album folder as follows without the brackets (TRUSTcompany-The Lonely Position of Neutral-02-Falling Apart) and so on and so forth. I have a lot of work to do, it's tough I used music brainz to tag all of them and it has corrupted some of the mp3s, some pop and crack now but I'm getting through it all, thanks for the replies guys.

#227907 - 20/07/2004 16:34 Re: Adding Songs [Re: CFinch106]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
When I get the riocar this week, I'm going to want the songs to play in the order of the album as if they were cd's.

I'm going to repeat what others have said, but I want to emphasize how important proper organization of your MP3 files is. And, just as important, proper tagging and file naming.

If you want your albums to play in order, the kind of organizational methods linked above are critical.