Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#328813 - 17/01/2010 00:17 Web site Help Needed
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
My mother-in-law owns a children's boutique and she's trying to get her website setup. She wants an estore as well, accepting paypal and possibly MC & V, etc.

I'm at a loss. I have no idea what I'm doing and would like someone to take over this project. Can someone email or pm me to discuss? I don't know what these projects are worth or what someone would charge. Keep in mind this is a small business that's not exploding with customers right now.

I have all of the information where she's signed up for a few things online, all without checking with me or anyone else first, of course. The website is www.jackbenimblechildrensboutique.com. As you can see, there's not much there. What is there is about the extent of my web knowledge. smile

Any help is much appreciated.

#328814 - 17/01/2010 00:27 Re: Web site Help Needed [Re: russmeister]
tman
carpal tunnel

The domain name is a tad long. Can she think of something shorter?

#328822 - 17/01/2010 04:05 Re: Web site Help Needed [Re: tman]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Originally Posted By: tman
The domain name is a tad long. Can she think of something shorter?

jackbenimble.com appears to still be available...

Too bad I don't know jack about eshopping, or I'd take you up on the offer.

#328824 - 17/01/2010 05:22 Re: Web site Help Needed [Re: canuckInOR]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Pay someone who knows how to do it to do it. I'd assume Shopify would be the way to go, but there are probably alternatives. Assuming she already has a credit card merchant account, she'll probably just need an authorize.net account and be ready to go.

If she's got unique items, I'd consider the "fulfilled by amazon" service. You send them your stuff, and they ship it out when someone orders it. (maybe this is just my amazon prime addiction speaking)