Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32909 - 18/06/2001 19:46 PC Player and Media Library
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
Okay... I know there have been a few requests for this feature, but I wanted to cast my vote as well.

I would really like a WinAmpian style player integrated with Emplode as "Librarian." The Emplode structure, combined with the feature set of the perpetually immanent 1.1, beats the pants off of any "Media Library" I have yet seen. It would be great to have Emplode help organize my MP3 collection in a way that is both archival and compatible with the Car Player. Including the ability to tag directories NOT to be uploaded, create playlists with Empeg's "no-duping", and a synchronize player to the PC option.

Currently, I find myself organizing my MP3s twice. Once for PC use and once for the Empeg. Then I get confused if I do not sync often about what directories have been re-encoded or tagged. Playlists I create on the PC have to be re-created on the Empeg by hand.

Thanks for listening. I hold little hope I will ever see this happen, but I'm wishing anyway. And while I am doing so, let me request some use for those album cover/lyric tags I keep hearing about...

Hmmm... Lyric editor... No. Best not to get ahead of myself.

Brian H. Johnson
MK2 36GB Blue
"Honey, you're wasting ammo..."

#32910 - 18/06/2001 19:55 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: bootsy]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I would like that too maybe it could have the same data base as the player kind of like synchronizing outlook with a palm pilot where it just makes the two have the same info

lyric editor sounds good but I really don't want to type them all in

Matt

#32911 - 19/06/2001 00:54 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: msaeger]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
It's on my personal wishlist, too. (i.e. not official). I do, however, have the advantage of access to the emplode source code, so I've got a head start.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#32912 - 19/06/2001 00:58 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: bootsy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Lyric editor...

You'll be wanting a karaoke mode, next. With a little ball that bounces along the lyrics as they scroll by on the screen .

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#32913 - 19/06/2001 02:55 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: Roger]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I do, however, have the advantage of access to the emplode source code

In the interest of corporate security I have devised a plan whereby developers will no longer have access to the source code. If you want to make changes you'll just have to remember what was there before.

Rob
(forgot to gel hair, went pointy)

#32914 - 19/06/2001 04:34 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: rob]
Captain_Chaos

Loc: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
...and submit their changes to you, in triplicate and on paper, right? :-)

#32915 - 19/06/2001 09:43 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You'll be wanting a karaoke mode, next. With a little ball that bounces along the lyrics as they scroll by on the screen .

Of course. As I've said before, this would be the single coolest thing since the creation of the universe.

The only problem is getting the right lyrics...

#32916 - 19/06/2001 13:00 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: tfabris]
xanatos
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Of course. As I've said before, this would be the single coolest thing since the creation of the universe.

I agree totally 100%. Except, I wonder how many accidents I'll get in :P hehe. Errr I'll be in the passenger seat and have someone ELSE drive the car. yeah that's it ^^

Damien Heiser

RioCar 12GB Blue SN: 120001043

#32917 - 19/06/2001 13:31 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: tfabris]
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
Hmmm... head start, huh? Excellent.

So, after asking this question I got to thinking. Are there ANY programs out there that make use of all the nifty tag info like album art, lyrics, artist's birth dates? The only thing I've found is Creative PlayCenter2 (Ick) will use a little thumbnail album cover. The prerelease shots of WMP8 (ick again) show artwork, lyrics and god knows what else.

Also, are there "Lyric Editors" out there? I don't recall where exactly, but I do recall seeing something that had timing info embedded in the lyric text. I'm not too worried about getting the correct lyrics. I'll just tag them for later correction... someday.

"You'll be wanting a karaoke mode, next."

Can you possibly think of a single more impressive marketing feature than that? People I show the Empeg to nearly wet themselves when they see the scrolling. bouncing song title visual...

Brian H. Johnson
MK2 36GB Blue
"Honey, you're wasting ammo..."

#32918 - 19/06/2001 13:57 Re: PC Player and Media Library [Re: Captain_Chaos]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Yes, and peat bogs and all that as well.