Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#40275 - 04/10/2001 16:37 Blue Screen Readability. All the Truth! :)
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Finally I had the chance to install a AR Blue screen, and so here are my impressions regarding readability, for those still interested in that old thread:

This screen is definitely more readable than the one I originally had. Totally different blue, lighter and more transparent. In spite of the fact it is AR and the one I had previously was not.

Someone @ empeg was mentioning a first old batch of very dark blue screens that were actually less readable. I am afraid I got one of those. That is probably the case in spite my empeg is #923 since it actually came with an amber screen, and with a blue replacement included. Maybe somebody put an old dark dark blue in the envelope. Oh, the reason why I got the extra blue screen (the dark one) is that I had actually ordered a Blue Empeg but they were not available at the moment, so empeg ppl sent me an amber one plus a replacemente blue screen.

So, I think the bottom line of the whole story is that the blue IS actually the most readable screen I have tried so far, and that my readability problems were due to that dark blue screen sent by mistake. Now I am happy :)

Well, I would really like a VW blue screen, actually. Anyone volunteers to produce one?

Taym
MK II BLUE/RED 12GB #923
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#40276 - 04/10/2001 18:08 Re: Blue Screen Readability. All the Truth! :) [Re: Taym]
DarkStorm
addict

Loc: Pompano Beach, Florida
Hey there Taym.

I guess the ones you got from me don't match your VW.

Oh well.

If I happen to run across another source for transparent Plexiglas and another shade of blue, I'll let you know.

Steve

Mark I / #102 / 48g / Smoke / Custom Fascia
Best PC/Audio Investment Ever Made

#40277 - 04/10/2001 18:27 Re: Blue Screen Readability. All the Truth! :) [Re: DarkStorm]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
No Darkstorm, they don't, unfortunately. But trhey're very nice, and I've been using them until I got this AR empeg blue, which is slightly closer to vW.

Taym
MK II BLUE/RED 12GB #923
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg

#40278 - 05/10/2001 03:19 Re: Blue Screen Readability. All the Truth! :) [Re: Taym]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
He Taym , I am so happy that You are HAPPY ......

PS : today , Friday , I havent recceived mine Yet .

Empeg II - 10 Gb - Red Fascia - 750 Songs -

- I Will Strike From the Grey -

#40279 - 17/10/2001 02:29 Re: Blue Screen Readability. All the Truth! :) [Re: Nosferatu]
dclesse

Loc: Belgium/Luxembourg
just some remarks after some self-builded multi-color screens:
let's talk in RGB:
the VFD color (cyan) seems to send:
Red: just a little bit
Green: near from max
Blue: max

So, the best screens (or best colors filters) will be, in order:
cyan
blue
green
the worse will be red (nice -I have one- but poor in luminance)
So if you choose an other color, try to get one with a lot of blue or a lot of green...
for example: yellow (R+G).
It works, but it's more green than yellow (the red part is very small compared to the green one).
magenta (pink) would be nice (R+B), never tried...
If it could help...

David Clesse
Belgium/Luxembourg
Mk2-36g(full)-red-tuner-stick