Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6216 - 14/10/1999 00:23 shuffle off and playlist position
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
Besides music, I have novels and plays stored on the empeg to take a break from music on long drives.
I really miss two facilities to support listening to plays, opera's and alike:

a) an extra play list property to not shuffle a playlist. Current options allow us to set a play list to always be shuffled, but there is no option to do the opposite. I mostly play albums and music lists in random order, so the empeg is set with the shuffle option 'on', but I'lll never want to randomly play the tracks of a novel, opera, or symphony.

b) the capability to store the current position in a playlist,that will allow me to continue from that position some other time. Ten or so memory positions (with PIN??) would be perfect.

Henno

#6217 - 14/10/1999 01:16 Re: shuffle off and playlist position [Re: Henno]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
> but I'lll never want to randomly play the tracks of a novel, opera, or
> symphony

Hoi Henno -

You could set the properties for the playlist containing the tracks for a play to be "Play as single track" (I think) which is under the second tab of a playlist's properties (right click on playlist icon).

"Marking" a track is definitely a good idea - but I suspect it's a long way off.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#6218 - 14/10/1999 01:49 Re: shuffle off and playlist position [Re: Henno]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The simplest way of doing this with the current player is never to play the empeg-car playlist. On my player I have a lot of test files, some comedy and stuff. I've got a top level playlist called Mix that directly or indirectly contains all the music I would like to hear when playing stuff randomly.

In the future there will be a number of ways round this problem. Wait and see :-)

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#6219 - 15/10/1999 09:37 Re: shuffle off and playlist position [Re: schofiel]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
Hi Rob,

Setting all the tracks to 'play at once' will work, but finding back the place where you left off, would be very difficult, as you can't go backwards/forwards by track any longer.

Note to Mac:
you wrote;

In the future there will be a number of ways round this problem. Wait and see :-)

Is it that hard to set a 'no shuffle' tag to a playlist when a 'do shuffle' is already in?? Can you rebuild my (high) expectations in you empeg wizards and elaborate a bit on what you mean with 'work 'round this problem?

Henno