I've got an interesting bug that happens when I use the Hijack FTP features with Internet Explorer.

Note: I have installed the Internet Explorer "browser enhancements" that let it function as a full-featured bidirectional FTP client. I am able to send and receive files to the player through hijack, and because of the HTTP interface, I can also easily make bookmarks to set the player RW and RO. So although everyone's first statement to me will be "use a real FTP client", I just want to say that it's convenient for me to be able to use IE and I would like to continue to do so.

Here is the bug:

The item with the strange name (indicated by the arrow) appears in most (all?) of the folders I browse to. Its name is random, and the randomness seems to come from random snippets of memory or cache from the browser. For instance, I once saw the name contain a large chunk of HTML code from the previously-displayed HTML page.

Where does this garbage item come from, and why does it appear only when I connect to the Hijack FTP server? It does not appear when I connect to other FTP servers.

Attachments
65870-ie_bug.gif (142 downloads)