Ah well, before I reformat and try debian on my laptop, i've decided to try and get the wireless network set up how I want, but can't seem to. Unfortunatly, my desktop card doesn't have linux drivers so it can't go in the server where it belongs. (My mistake, i thought it did have linux drivers when I bought it...)

At the moment, the desktop card is in an XP professional box, which nat's the connection from the DSL line. What I'd like to do is bridge them so that I can use my real IP's instead of going through the NATing process, but every time I tell windows to bridge them, it says an unexpected error has occured. If I give up on bridging, and instead try to get windows networking up on the NATed segment, it always tells me "your current settings will also disable the following components: client for mickeysoft..." Does anyone have any idea why it won't bridge the connection or why it won't let me have windows filesharing over the nated connection?

Matthew
PS: No, i'm not gonna fix the problem by using windows 2000... I might fix it by buying a real access point if i'm convinced it needs it.