>another bug:
>the autocase setup is static for both tag manipulation AND renaming.

No, this is not a bug, I have made it like that fully intentional.

>i like to have the id3v2 tags w/ correct capitolization, but like
>my files to have all lowercase and special characters
>stripped. can you make it so that each tab remember their
>own presets? yes, i can just change the presets everytime i
>goto the tab, but thats 5 extra clicks ...

My opinion is that this might confuse people to have different settings for each tab, so I like it better like it is. As you say, 5 mouse clicks for the few people that need to change it between tagging and renaming (I don't think really many people do this) is worth the rest don't having to be confused, so I'll leave it like that for now, sorry. Maybe I'll make it an option in a future update then, but too many options also confuse people, so I have to be caution there too.

>also, is it possible to get a "whole word only" to the
>substring replacements? i currently add whitespace to
>make sure that its the whole word only. "Dj " -> "DJ ".

The method with the trailing space is the best right now. If I would add "word extraction" like that I would have to let people specify their own "word-separators" to make it generic, and it's the same there, too many options scare people away. Maybe in a future update anyway.

>last thing... in preview mode, if ALL of the files have a null
>field, can the corresponding column be suppresed?

Of course I could, but that would require an option too. Again, adding options for really small aesthetical things like this is bound to make more damage in confusing most people than it will gain in pleasing the few that use it. I always have to consider that balance, I hope you understand that.