DOWNLOAD IT.

Alrighty folks... if you have ever played First Person Shooters and you haven't played this one... you have no clue what you are missing. Counter-Strike has been the game of choice at work (LucasArts) afterhours for 3 YEARS... and we never found anything good enough to replace it. But the second i played this, i knew i'd probably never touch CS again. It's unfreakinbelievably good. We've been playing it on the network every free second.

There's been multiple threads in our game theory board at work about why it's so great... and one of the resounding answers is the shear cinematic beauty of this game. Everytime you play you see something straight out of a movie. That and the fact that you can drive tanks, pilot planes, captain a battleship or aircraft carrier, drive jeeps, man coastal defense guns, etc etc... all within one game, and within minutes if you like.

They've nailed the consequence of dying aspect as well. The fact that you had to wait an entire round if you died in CS held a lot of people back, and the insta-spawn of quake (while kick ass) sorta took the realism out of it. I'm not gonna explain how it works... you just all have to check it out. Get the multiplayer demo and play Wake Island... you won't believe you eyes i promise ya!!! I could go on... but i'll spare ya the rant.

(sorry... it's just been a while since a game got me excited!)