I swear I've attempted to go through the correct channels (no pun intended) to get this problem solved, but nobody has responded on the AMD forums SOYO site for days. Here's what I wrote them:

"Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have a problem.

I often have an external source set up for my MP3's [the empeg]. I have it hooked up via 1/8" minijack to the line in of the onboard audio.

My speaker setup is a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 system (the first one - kicks *** like no other).

So when I'm playing something through the line-in, I've determined that I can't get it to play back through all four speakers for some reason. I've looked through all the options I know to look through, but can't get it to work. Is there some trick to it????"

To fill you guys in, the onboard audio of the SOYO Dragon KT333 has the usual line out, line in, and mic. That's all. Then there's a little device that fills the face of a PCI slot (what are those called anyway, you know the little metal things you take out?). The device has a set of digital ins and outs (SPDIF and optical, and a jack for rear speakers. I have the front speakers hooked up to the line in of the onboard stuff, and the rear speakers hooked into the add-on digital board. The audio is all set up for 4 speakers, and all my WAVs and MP3s play fine on all 4 speakers, but the empeg doesn't.

Any ideas?

(ps-Tony, I thought this was sufficiently non-empeg as to put it in the Off Topic forum. don't get mad )