Yeah, but like Fusto said, it seems to be working damn good on most people's systems.

Fusto, when you get a sec...
While playing the game, go into the console by pressing "~" key, then type "console.showfps 1". That will show your fps in the upper right hand corner. Let me know what you're getting.

I've got a Dell Dimension 8100, 1.3 ghz p4, 384 megs of ram, a Sound Blaster Live Value, and that GeForce 4 MX 440... should be plenty to run the game smoothly. I have noticed it jolt when it's doing some hard drive reading (swapping i'd imagine).. which makes me wonder if i need some more RAM (stupid RAMBUS). I just don't get it... it's driving me nuts. There's got to be one little thing that's making it choke and i can't figure out what it is. I've turned off all extra processes and background apps, and updated all the drivers like i said. With the exception of the SB LIve! card... when i installed the new drivers, i got no sound whatsoever, so i put the original ones from Dell back in. Any insight into that one anyone?

In the mean time, i found a AOPEN GEFORCE4 TI4200 128MB VIVO at GameVE.com for $154 with free shipping. I'm definitely ordering that sucker and returning this MX.