I bought the game. Sub-standard graphics, but i *certainly* care less about that than actual gameplay.

Problem is: I'm on 56K DUN and the game is essentially unplayable. This is the worst net code I've seen since the original QuakeWorld release. It appears as though even basic collision detection is handled server-side which screws the client-prediction model all to hell.

I connected to ONE server in several days worth of tries that was actually playable for 60 or so seconds on end before the "Connection Problem Detected" message pops up. They should have put a small connection icon somewhere on the screeen instead of destroying what little hope I have of guessing what's going on during these frequent problems.

Basically, you're looking at a game that does no more (network-wise) than Tribes2. At least Tribes2 is playable.

I haven't checked the official site for news (although I did upgrade) to see if they're working on better net code, but I have to recommend that DUNies like me stay away from this one.

-Tod