The one thing I've noticed, is that I've completely stopped listening to the radio.

I was the case that since September 6, 1996 local radio had become more or less useless to me, and I got my "new" music by listening to stuff while on the road. For me, new actually means "old but but forgotten or old but new to me".

Anyhow, the local dinosaur rock station actually did something a few weeks back where they played I think their whole playlist: 2922 songs. This was a promotion where they were basically expanding their playlist.

They're much more listenable for long periods of time than before. It's not "too little too late" but I'm not as excited as I would have been otherwise.

I must admit that I'd still like to be able to have a DJ on my empeg. Hmmm.

I wonder if I can do something where I hijack a (fixed) fid and periodically replace it with a festival-generated wav of like the weather, which just leaves me with needing a way to schedule it.

I guess I hadn't thought about this before. Is there a way to send commands to the player, to insert a playlist item? I could preinit-fork something which sleeps until on the half hour and then inserts a weather forecast or a traffic report or something.