OK, Just used my mk 1 for the first time in anger at the weekend. It was running my Full-on Competition SPL stereo system. On first glance, the mp3 player looks an ideal choice, as the disk only spins up every so often, (a CD player skips in my van passed 150db so I need to have it on a fly lead and just hold it) Well the empeg dont like my van either (and I was told it would be fine) Just like the CD player, when the disk trys to spin up it stops. The bad thing is though, It gives up, and crashes. None of the buttons would respond, and the only way to get it working again was to rip it out of its cage for a re-boot. Not very cool. I had to start holding it again to stop this happening. The display also died completely on me a couple of times. (this has been repaired before)

Well, anything in a competition show vehicle needs to be 100% and unfortunatly I am a bit dissaponted with the empeg as yet. I did give it a go though, and the player certainly raised some interest. (before it nearly went in the bin)

The player is fine on its fly leads, but I really wanted a player in my dash. A solution may be to give my player a stack more ram, so it can play for longer off hard memory, and get it to keep on trying the disk, untill it gets between tracks, or to auto lower the volume, so it can load some more music.

May be you want to disregard this message though. just like the others, as the empeg seems not to be for the mainstream ICE market at the moment.