The battery icon lights up when the empeg isn't getting enough power. For me, this used to happen constantly when I first installed it. I managed to narrow it down to my car's wiring. It wasn't sufficient to run the empeg and my CD receiver. I now have the empeg's constant (yellow) line wired directly to the car battery's positive terminal (through an in-line fuse), and haven't had a problem since. And this is with no electrical system upgrades.

That power drop-off can be the cause of many other problems. So I would submit that you solve that first and then see how it behaves. If you already have wired the yellow line to the battery, and are still seeing that icon, then I think you need to contact support.

As for the static incident: If you haven't seen it twice, then why bother?

Also, in this poster's opinion, it sounds like you are letting yourself become overwhelmed by minor problems with a new toy that you don't fully understand. Take some time to read the boards and ask questions. Don't "freak out."

If you're not willing to learn what you need to know and take the time necessary to sort any non-support issues out with your empeg, then I suggest you downgrade your software back to 1.03, both player and emplode (no more Hijack or other add-ons), and wait until the next full version software release to upgrade. Stop whining like a little kid when you have a minor glitch. Especially when you are running beta software an add-ons whose warnings state that you may or may not have problems.