Doug!

Simple Idea!

Parts required:

1 x portable CD player / Discman (whatever you wanna call it)
1 x top quality RCA stero cable suitable for the player
2 x top quality RCA stereo cables input/output, females mounted unobtrusively out of site where you choose, connected to Empeg AUX inputs
1 x power regulator for the cigarette lighter plug set for the correct voltage for your portable player

When the judge turns up with his disk and says "Oi! Where's your CD?" You whip out your tackle and stick it all in the right holes, power on the player and the empeg, unleash the remote and flip to the AUX source. Since you have previously selected a Flat Equaliser preset, instant satisfaction is guaranteed!

Cheap, you retain the simplicity and stealthiness of the new empeg installation, you remain compliant with the IASCA rules for test playback. You remain winning! (OK, so you're a couple of hundred dollars extra out of pocket).

PS. I got the '99 IASCA disk (on your recommendation) and RIPped it for setup; it is proving useful to tweak my system in the Mini. It has already made a bit of a difference just by changing balances and so forth and I can now accurately position the stereo image best for the driver. Any tips?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015