All right. GPSapp is installed and I'm ready to interface my RandMcnally StreetFinder to the player. I need help.

I realize this is not strictly a "programming" thing and it's being posted in the wrong forum. But I wanted it grouped next to the GPSapp threads so that Jaharkes could see it.

I have soldered wires to the Ground, RX, and TX pins on the StreetFinder's serial port. These correspond with pins 5, 2, and 3 on a standard serial port (2 and 3 will swap depending on if the cable is straight thru or crossover).

Okay, how, in "home" mode do I get GPSapp to properly talk to the GPS?

I have plugged the pins into the serial port, and it looks like the GPS is sending serial data to the player because when I select "GPS" from the hijack menu, the player software goes crazy like I was pressing a bunch of keys and letters on the serial port. Turning shuffle on and off, pausing and unpausing, etc.

I'm guessing that the NMEA sentences are being heard by the player software. But I did hack_init so the player should have been started without grabbing the serial port. What's going on? Any help?