has anyone found the negative spike problem affecting their mk2a units? the faq mentions that the mk2a's already have the diode in place - but heres my problem:

i have the unit set up so that constant power and igition power cables go right to the battery (well, to the power distributor block used for my amps etc) - i did this with the empeg and my previous head units so that i could have the unit continue playback even if i had the keys with me. (car is a semi-show sorta thing and at meets and events i usually have the car off, but doors open and music playing - so id rather not have the keys in there during those times)

this setup worked great but, for the empeg, it means it doesnt really go into complete power-off mode. does this then mean that the unit never has the inclination to save its state before i pull it? if i pull the unit while it is playing, there is a loud pop only from the left channel RCA, and player state is not saved. if i put it into standby, then pull the unit, no pop sound, but player state is still not saved. sometimes it goes back to songs i passed quite a long time ago, sometimes it loads completely different playlists that i was listening to a while back.

there is also a slightly lesser thump/pop thru the subs when starting the car while unit is playing.
2 types of pops here:
the "left channel pop" is a high pitched one, more like a sharp breif crackle, no low end thump thru the subs.
the "start the car pop" is a lower freq thump that comes thru the subs and only slightly thru the mids/highs speakers.

thats the setup and the symptoms.

given that the player is always getting power when docked, should this behaviour be expected? what can i do to force the player to save its states properly? less importantly, is there any way to get rid of the left channel pop? its only the left channel, and only when pulling the unit when it is on. i CAN go putting another diode in there, but it seems that it may not be the issue if my mk2a already has a diode built in.

thanks for any comments and help, im pleased to be a part of the community here