"It is designed so that you can remove the key and still have it playing, even when it is wired correctly."

from what i understand, the player has a countdown function that will power off the unit after the seconds specified in the emplode player setup. the default was 7200secs/120mins. i decided at the time of installation that this wasnt enough and preferred knowing that i would not be restricted if i wired it how i used to the other units. yes, other units arent an empeg.. and yes, if indeed there is no upper limit to the number of seconds, then i will happily use that feature. can anyone inform me of the upper limit to the standby->shutdown timeout?

"The above sentence is not a sufficient excuse to wire it this way."
i really do appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this board and especially yours tony, but i really do feel that you may need to be more careful how you phrase your responses - in this case you really have no facility to deem my requirements as 'sufficient excuse'. i understand you do not intend to come off in this manner but nevertheless, you have.

given the variety of users and installations on this board i should think an open mind is the key. i doubt wanting the empeg to play indefinitely with the key removed from the car is as extreme as installing it on a bicycle.