"The only timeout is when the player shuts down if you havn't turn it back on. Once you turn the car off and turn the player back on, it'll play till your battery dies."

"Oh, and the deal with the turning the empeg on after your car is off is correct. It will play till you're out of juice. Been there, Done that. "

ok! this is exactly what i was after, in terms of how the standby feature worked. i was under the impression that, the timeout function was there as a solid unshakable thing, as in, once the key goes off, the timer starts, and no matter what you do during that time, turning on or off, once the timer clocks itself, the unit goes right off completely. and stays off. i was under the impression that the unit would then NOT be able to be awakened (after it is completely off) until the key is reinserted and returned to ACC or ON, and you turn the empeg on again, then back to standby, then remove the key, thus giving you another 2 hrs (or whatever its set to).

however, if, after you remove the keys, the empeg can be turned on (obviously *within* the timeout period) and left on *permanently*, then this is perfect! and the timeout limit doesnt mean jack all! i just didnt want to be governed by some timeout ticking over and stopping everything.

well given this info (and do correct me if im wrong in my interpretation of what will happen?) i will have to take to stripping my dash again to get to the wires (such a pain! half the reason im reluctant to test it out unless i know whats going to happen)

thank you!