Your reply is most helpful

"which converts to 96 as an MP3"

When I used Dabbar to convert the signals to MP3, before Audiotools accepted MP2, the files from 128 broadcasts always came out at 96, so in my technical ignorance, I assumed that was what happened!

I'm using a SkyPlus box, so the scheduler comment you made is not a problem, the broadcasts that I like are at rigid times, week in, week out.

I intend going in once a week and setting the broadcasts on the "copy"facility, downloading them to the computer, converting the whole file to MP3 at a good bitrate, I was thinking 192, and then editing them with DirectCut, before loading them to the Empeg.

Obviously, the downloading and converting are long processes, so I am going to set them going at bedtime, but I generally load a whole week at a time from thursday night and start listening to them on Monday morning, so I have 3 nights to go at. It may also be that the software will not take the whole download in one, but I can split it: Audiotools tell me that one of their customers processed 8 hours in a file and I'm doing 10.5, so I'll see.

Once again, thanks for your interest.