I think what you mean is: The ID3 tag specification limits the fields to 30 characters in your MP3 files on your PC. (The ID3v2 spec is different, but that's a different subject that I won't get into right now.)

Exactly. I'm well aware of the added features of ID3v2... and most of their uselessness.

The Empeg uses your ID3 tags as its starting point.

Does it read the ID3v2 tag or the v1 tag or both, with v2 taking precedence? I've got both in all of my files. I started using v1 until I noticed the limitation and then added the v2 tags.

the empeg's VFD display is limited in the number of characters you can see at one time.

I take it there are still only one or two visuals that scroll the text IN the visual? Hopefully having the text scroll across the screen will be something added soon. That's my favorite feature of Winamp. (Simple things for simple people, I guess... )

and "Filks" in which I store songs that I'm working on Filk parodies for.

Okay, either this is a European thing or my music taste isn't quite as diverse as I thought it was. What exactly is Filk?

I still think it'd be cool to create a "both extremes" playlist

I do that with my 6 disc changer already. I try to get the best mix of music, so my mood will be satisfied. With the Empeg, I won't have to worry about not having one of my CD's with me, anymore or deciding which SIX CD's to take with me. You just got me to watch that movie again. I payed more attention to the quick piece showing the playlists. That gave me quite a bit of info on how they're organized. Is there a way I can make up my playlists ahead of time? I know it doesn't import Winamp playlists, but is there anything that it could import? I just want to get as much done ahead of time as possible.

Thanks for the response, Tony!

George