Peter, can you clue me in as to where I might look to get the current running order position, and the total number of tracks in the current running order? Like, when the Track:Info screen says:

[310/6521]

Are these values only in memory or are they in the flash savearea? Or somewhere else where one can read them?

The first sector of each stored running-order (i.e. sector 0 for the current running order and sectors 512, 1024, and 1536 for the three bookmarks) contains a header structure that includes, among other things, the sizes of the programme and running order, the repeat mode, and the FID of the playlist used to form the current running order (or 0 if it's "custom" i.e. was made from search results or if inserts or appends were done to it).

The header also contains a running-order index and a timecode in centiseconds -- but these are only used for bookmarks; the running-order index and timecode for the current running order are stored to flash, not disk (so they can be written with the last dying milliamps if the player is yanked).

Mark's observation, that sector 0 contains a partial copy of the programme and/or running order, is due only to buffer reuse and is not significant.

The usual caveat applies: that all this will pass, like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow, after 2.0final comes out.

Peter