Your belief in God does not affect His belief in you.
Oddly, my wife told me almost this exact same thing the night before she went in.

Since this thread is all about me (me! me! me!) anyway, I'll just state my religious beliefs for the record.

I honestly believe that it is impossible to know whether a supreme being exists or not. I also cannot currently believe in something of which I cannot fathom proof. This pretty strongly classifies me as an agnostic. This isn't based on nothing. I grew up in a Baptist church, and was quite active in it, as were my parents, until I realized that what I was doing was hypocritical.

However, if at some point I were to change my mind, I would be (to make up my own compound terminology) a Universalist Deist. I have seen nothing in my life to make me believe that God plays any role (at least any significant role) in the modern world, nor can I believe that everyone else is wrong, just because I was brought up in a culture that happened to choose this version of ``events''.

I could totally believe that something created the rules of the universe and let it go. Science does not have nor attempt to have any answer to ``Why''. Right now, though, I think I don't either need or want that answer.