Any tips on keeping my sanity would be greatly appreciated.

Sanity? Who said any of us were sane?

I've been through this twice in past two years, so I can sympathize; it sucks. My recent stint of unemployment ended only two weeks ago, and lasted roughly two months. I figure I got very lucky. Most people I've heard from have spent at least 4-6 months unemployed, including myself just a year prior.

As far as advice (most of this has been said before, and probably will be said again, but anyway) : treat the job search as a job itself, don't give up (obviously), be fairly aggressive/proactive, a little humor never hurts, be extremely open-minded, think of any interview you go to as your first day at work, most certainly be yourself (who else would you be? ...I won't go into that...), and (I know this is sort of counter-intuitive to some of the previous, but..) use the phrase "So, when do I start?"

Also, there have been a few good threads related to this topic that are quite informative, one of which is here.

All in all I wish you luck in your endeavors, and a short unemployment sentence, as it were.

(PS: Thanks again to everyone who responded to my desperate cry for help not too long ago. Just the fact that the sincere compassion was there did much for my insanity at the time. )

(PPS: Funny you should mention "Office Space," as I just watched that again last night. )
ricin.us