Thanks for this new version! It's superb you made the player startup configurable!

However, I'm having some problems compiling the kernel from scratch. I arm running as root, and my $PATH includes /usr/local/armtools-empeg/bin (this is on Redhat). The armtools-empeg directory was untarred from the toolchain downloaded from your website. This is the same toolchain that I used to build Hijack v320 with successfully.

My method for compiling Hijack with the new patch format was this:

1. I downloaded v300.tar.bz2 from the Hijack website, and uncompressed it into /home/empeg/kernel
2. I downloaded every patch file from v300-v301 to v335-v336 and put them in /home/empeg/hijack
3. I chdir to /home/empeg/kernel and run zcat `ls ../hijack/*patch.gz | sort -n` | patch -p1. This runs fine with no errors.
4. I modify the /home/empeg/kernel/arch/arm/def-configs/empeg-car2 file to include what I want (actually I don't modify it as it already has CONFIG_IRDA=y) and copy that to /home/empeg/kernel/arch/arm/def-configs/empeg
5. I then run make empeg_config
6. Then I run make oldconfig. All the questions are answered for me exept for the command line, and I leave that blank (take the default)
7. Now I run make dep; make clean; make zImage. It fails at make zImage.

The specific error that I am getting is with time.c:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/empeg/kernel/arch/arm/kernel'

...(compiles a few files fine, then)...

arm-empeg-linux-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/empeg/kernel/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -msoft-float -march=armv4 -mtune=strongarm110 -c -o time.o time.c
time.c:68: redefinition of `mktime'
/usr/local/armtools-empeg/lib/gcc-lib/arm-empeg-linux/2.95.3/../../../../arm-empeg-linux/include/linux/time.h:71: `mktime' previously defined here
time.c:86: warning: `do_profile' defined but not used
make[1]: *** [time.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/empeg/kernel/arch/arm/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_arch/arm/kernel] Error 2

I must be doing something wrong, so what is it?