Hi Mark, update on my problem, and a big THANK YOU!

I commented out the 'mktime' function in /usr/local/armtools-empeg/arm-empeg-linux/include/linux/time.h:71, and I got my kernel to compile successfully. I don't know why this function would be included both in the toolchain and the kernel, but I'm sure that it was probably something that I overlooked.

After I got my kernel compiled (with IrDA support, but not IrCOMM) I wanted to compare the sizes of the kernels to see how much bigger my kernel was with IrDA support than the stock Hijack kernel that did not include IrDA support (I thought). To my surprise, the stock kernel was bigger than mine! I loaded the stock v336 kernel on my Empeg, and I was very happy to see that IrDA support is included in the download from your webpage! THANK YOU very much for this! I will update my Palantir webpage with instructions to just download the latest version of Hijack in order to gain IrDA support.

If you are considering coming to the Cinci meet this fall, and would like to take some time to climb at the Red, I will be your guide and belay slave for the trip