I use bookmarks all the time. The obvious use is, of course, audio books. But I also use them for certain mixes (such as my random album playlist). A lot of times I want to let someone hear a song or I get tired of the current mix so I set a bookmark and load a different playlist. Then I can always return to whatever album was being played before exactly where I left off. If I don’t set a bookmark I end up hearing the first tracks on albums more than the rest and I also don’t get an even distribution of albums.

Another "special" playlist that I like to keep my place in is when I listen to all cuts in order by a certain artist who has a lot of albums (read: Rush). I like hearing the tracks in order, but when I play something else and want to come back I don't want to start over from the very first song again.

I personally would really like the ability to name the bookmarks, as I tend to always use them for similar things: 1= Random Albums, 2= Single Artist, 3=LOTR (or possibly another audio book if I ever finish LOTR. 30 min. a day in the car does not make such a long book go quickly!)