The concept is intriguing as my current method for getting new/different songs involves browsing 10,000's of alt.binary usenet postings and pretty much trying songs at random.
Hmm. If you're a WinAMP user, you may wanna try flipping through the Shoutcast streams. I kinda ignored Shoutcast for several years, until recently, when I realized that my music collection was devoid of new material. The good thing about Shoutcast is that most (all?) of the stations are not-for-profit, and not controlled by any of the Big Media companies. So, while you'll find Top 40 stations, you'll find some stations with really eclectic mixes. And since most of the stations embed the artist/title information in the streams, you know what you're listening to, unlike conventional radio.

So when I'm in the mood to dig for new music, I pretty much flip through about 30 of my favorite Shoutcast stations, wait until a cool song comes on, and push a button to save the artist/title information for later searching/purchasing. I even rigged it up to my remote control so I can push a button and "bookmark" whatever song is playing.