I dont see what the big deal is for someone who already owns an empeg.... but check this out... i just thought of this... correct me if i'm wrong (that's directed to the guys that made this thing)

The part that i dont like is the ability to "encode from your head unit" becuase its gotta do it via the Analog cable... that means that you're going to get crappy encodings of mp3s. You might get line noise from the engine, but you wont get as good of a mp3 if you were to "rip" it on your pc. Its like making an mp3 my recording via your line in on your pc. Thoes mp3s sound pretty lously IMHO. THEN on top of that, you're stuck with a copy of your friend's CD that you just "encoded" in your collection, in a crappy quality. Now, you're building a crappy mp3 collection, to then trade with people online, or via P2P, and now you're spreading crappy encodings of mp3s! ARGGG!!

This is the lazy way out of doing it RIGHT! ... which would be with a CD rom/Audio CD player in the dash, that will RIP digitally from the CD! That's how it should be done!

Dont get me started about the voice memo thing.... i'm sure that will sound like crap once you roll down the window and then leave a voice memo, "dont forget milk on the way home!"