I've been wondering about the long term resale value of an empeg. This is for all of you who have spares that you might want to sell down the road.

It looks like demand is going down, but I can't seem to figure out why. There's still absolutaly NOTHING better out there AND nothing even close in price. And if you have a bit of computer skill (and ID3 tagging patience), than you can accept no substitute for the empeg.

But what do you all think about the 1, 2, or 3 year outlook on empegs? Certainly something better will come out in a 3 year time frame. So, when faced with empeg competition down the line, would you still buy empeg:
because you love it
because you can hack it
because you can upgrade it
because it's so clean and ergonomic to use
because people still program for it
because it's established
etc

Or would you be more interested in some potentially forthcoming single-DIN, full color slide-out-and-up 5" touchscreen, solid-state memory MP3 car player with built in amps and a battery so you could listen to it on the go?

I, clinging to my old technology as one of the last 1.03 users, will stick with empeg even if it gets outdated because it's simply so well done. Your thoughts?