Thanks for the insight into this. (I hate when I get too busy to reply to my own threads)

So, clearly people will still want empegs in the future. But, will there still be a demand to buy them? Or will everyone use them simply as home systems and buy the latest cool thing for their cars? Or, on the other hand, some people might want to avoid paying high prices for the latest gadgets and go get an old empeg.

So, despite the empeg's rarity, will the empeg price ultimately drop? All computers loose value as newer stuff comes out and the same might happen to the empeg. I was hoping that it's limited supply would keep demand high even with newer better things on the market. If your empeg dies but you have the sled still installed, wouldn't you be a perfect candidate to buy a used empeg instead of tearing out the sled and getting something else?

And can I write a post with ANY more questions? I guess only time will tell the long term price of the empeg. I'm as anxious as anyone to know how valuable my backup will be.