Disclaimer: This is written from the point of view of an American, so references to certain aspects of the subject matter may or may not be relevant in your neck of the woods. Offer void in Tennessee and where prohibited.

For those who still listen to a fair amount of radio in their car, can you please tell me why people are listening to these morning shows? I love crude sexual humor as much as (or more than) the next guy or gal, but it's gotten so out of hand. Everyone is copying everyone else, trying to outdo the other guy, and for what? To tell you the truth, Howard Stern these days seems tame compared to what some of these local morning shows (and some of the less-popular syndicated shows like Don & Mike) are doing. This stuff is complete garbage and I don't know if anything they do is even funny anymore, it's just tawdry suggestive crap. ON A FSCKING RADIO. If I want my tawdry suggestive crap, I've got a cable modem connection and can find as much of it as I want.

So what is the attraction to these shows? What is it that they're doing that's so funny? And does anyone else think it's just gotten old, and is bordering on irresponsible and just plain wrong? The language they're using, while devoid of any of Carlin's seven words, is awful, and the subject matter is definitely not anything I'd want my kids listening to. And all this happens in a time slot that kids are very easily able to tune into.

By the way, the thing that got me on this topic is this "Hottest Teacher in Philly" contest by a radio station in Philly. Take a look for yourself and tell me if you think it's right. And don't be mistaken, I think many of those chicks are really hot, but the fact that a radio station is endorsing this kind of behavior in our teachers sickens me. As always, I welcome opposing points of view.