This is not the only problem I see with Bluetooth. Yes, Microsoft is a part of it, but I see other problems.

For instance, why is it that when I went to CompUSA, they had one single Bluetooth adapter? Not only was it some cheap brand that I'd never heard of, it seemed to be a device that was at least one product cycle old for the company (after looking on their website, which didn't seem to know anything about it).

Frankly, I find it discouraging that the Bluetooth organization assumes the technology will be built into computers (the only thing I can conclude based on the fact that I can't find adapters in stores), and then fully endorses something like the MS Desktop product (refresh this page a couple times) which won't work with those built in receivers (based on the article posted earlier). It is completely ridiculous. I'll stick to USB and save my batteries and my sanity.

Oh, and the worst part is we decided to give in to Microsoft's manipulations and installed XP on my girlfriend's machine. I read somewhere that they now allow you to use one copy of XP on up to something like 3 machines. Is that true?