Not as lenient when it's not someone on the board that you know is having personal problems are we?
I anticipated this. There's a difference between these two situations.

In Doug's case, the Ebay guy deliberately auctioned the item and then didn't follow through when all he had to do was put it in a box and mail it. This indicates to me that the item never existed, or maybe that the guy made a mistake (such as shipping it to someone else) and now won't own up to it.

In Steve's case, he accepted orders for something that needed to be manufactured, with every expectation that he'd finish the orders. Then he had problems that prevented him from manufacturing those orders in a timely fashion. This latter situation is understandable at least, if not okay.

This reminds me to check on something, though. A few weeks ago, Steve came back, explained the problems he was having, and said he intended to fill the outstanding prepaid orders soon. Has anyone gotten an order filled since that time?

If the answer to that question is "no", then you're right, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and I'll (again) remove links to his site pending the filling of those orders.