The next on the list is not currently answering their phone.

OK, got ahold of post office #2 where a very nice lady looked up the tracking number and claimed a notice was left on the 15th (I never received that notice of course) and that the package may have been returned to sender at this point. She then referred me to #3 where the package would actually be if it is still in the area.

I called number 3 where an extremely rude woman spent 10 minutes arguing that they wouldn't have left a notice because they just leave the package at the door if nobody is there. After she got over that phase she moved on to arguing that I must have received a notice and continually asked me what the notice said. This lasted for another 5 minutes or so. She finally took a description of the package ("ummm, it is a box, probably about 16 inches on the biggest side?") and my phone number and said somebody would call me back sometime tomorrow (she was going to leave a note for somebody that would then have to find and talk to the carrier that actually delivers my mail).

Ughh, how much more would it have cost to just send these things UPS?

-Mike