Here are the top 3 things on my wishlist regarding the player software. I know at least the first two have been requested before but I thought I'd bring them up again anyway

1. Show playlists in play order rather than alphabetical order. There are lots of reasons one might want to do this:

- arrange albums chronologically
- arrange artists alphabetically by last name
- put playlists that are accessed often closer to the beginning/end of the list where they can be reached faster by pressing the left/right buttons.

I know about the alphabetic shortcuts, however I often prefer to use the buttons on the player rather than hunt for the remote.

People have said that non-alphabetic order of playlists will break alphabetic shortcuts. It doesn't have to - here is how they can work. When you press '2' on the remote you jump to the first playlist that starts with A or B or C. Pressing it again goes to the next playlist that starts with A or B or C. If there are no more such playlists it goes back to the first one. In fact, this would work better than the current system even with alphabetical order of playlists - you can always go to the one you want by pressing a single button several times. Currently, if you have two playlists starting with A you have to press '2' to go to the first one, then >> to go to the second one.

2. A way to go back to the playlist currently playing without having to navigate the entire tree from the root. This is useful when:

- you just finished listening to a Doors album and really feel like listening to another one;
- you selected a playlist by mistake - usually you can press Up/* to go back up, except if you selected a triangle or a tune.

3. A more reasonable handling of long playlist/tune names when navigating playlists. Currently, the middle of a playlist name is displayed when it doesn't fit on the screen. A better option would be to display the beginning of the name and chop off the end. Ideally, the long name will slowly scroll left and right while it's selected.

Yeah, yeah, Tony, I know you told me so, but I still want my long names.

Best,
Borislav

ps. the empeg rocks