I'm leaving for a long-delayed vacation on Saturday. Going to Puerto Rico. To be precise, I'm going to this little island off the east coast of Puerto Rico called Vieques. The whole point of the vacation is to relax as much as possible. I might log on here if I get bored and internet access is cheap, but I might not. So don't rejoice. I'll be coming back.

But that's not the point of this post. Like I said, the point of the vacation is quiet. But I'd still like to get any don't-miss stuff anyone can think of, if anyone's got an opinion. The only thing already on my list is El Junque, which is the US's only National Forest that's a rain forest. Neat. Actually, that's not true -- there are a number of things that I want to see on Vieques, most notably the bioluminescent bay, but I mean outside where I'm already going. Already dismissed are the Bacardi factory tour in San Juan, which I don't really care that much about, Not to mention that if I find myself in San Juan longer than I expect, there's more than enough stuff to wander around and see in Old San Juan, and Arecibo, which is all the way on the western half of the island and I don't really feel like travelling 3 hours or so each way just to see what's, let's face it, a big concrete dish in the ground.

But I'd be willing to entertain other ideas if anyone's got them.