I listen to the radio about 50% of the time, and one feature that would save the empeg's place of honor in the dash is to eliminate the signal strength based audio attenuation. In hilly southern California here, the auto-attenuate wraps the worst feature of AM into FM. Even worse, because if I'm stopped somewhere that the signal strength is bouncing between two levels, the audio level bounces along with it.

I have planned to replace the empeg with a Sony head unit and put the empeg in the glove box, because of this one issue. I have the Sony already, but haven't had time to make the switch. It would be great if a fix for this came along...

Mono mode would be great too, but that's not generally a feature of car stereos, so I didn't expect it.

Lately I've not been so motivated to make the switch because my 6 month old baby likes one song only, and it keeps her quiet in the car. I've got the nicest and most advanced car stereo ever made, and it's set to play one song forever.... 60gb hard drive... One song....