There are a couple of weird urinal-use behaviors that I've noticed and wondered about over the years.
They seem, at least to me, to be fairly widespread and totally inexplicable.
Details to follow.

note: if any of you dear readers happen to have any of these odd habits I apologize in advance for making fun.
On the same note though maybe you could help explain.

One of them is the spitting thing.
Why when your at the urinal micturating away would you feel the need to spit into your own urine?
It could perhaps just be a need to spit, and I guess I find a urinal a more appropriate place, then say the sidewalk in front of where I'm walking (a whole other rant).
But this kind of spitting doesnt seem to be an out of necessity kind of spit. Like a removal of beard hair spit or bad flavor spit. Its an intentional long drawn out gross spit. And sometimes theres more than one.
Most of the time it seems pretty unnecessary.

The second thing is the multiple flushing thing.
I usually give the urinal a flush when I'm done (or when I get there depending on the state of the urinal), but dont really see the need to flush it 3, 4, or even 5 times while I'm peeing.
Maybe it stems from a concern that the urinal will fill up and spill over onto your shoes?
Maybe its just boredom, something to do while your waiting for you bladder to empty?
Or maybe its just to make room for all the spit....