Ok, I took the plunge and ripped into my 04 Prius this last weekend. Of, course to remove the existing stereo you have to pretty much tear apart the entire front of the dash. This includes the removal of the touchscreen as it is the last piece that needs to be removed to get to the last two bolts that hold the deck in place. The good news is that the Rio WILL fit in the Prius! The bad news is that it is not an easy fit. When I am finished the Rio will be snugly fitted into the dash under the existing stereo. In order to fit it using a sled I had to remove the lip from the front of the sled and then mount the sled to the existing frame work that holds the stereo. The frame work and the stereo come out together so this will not be a big deal. The cubby hole that existed under the stereo needs to get cut larger to except the rio. In fact I chose to cut the opening big enough so the rio is recessed into the dash. This will allow me to close the cool door that is in front of the cubby hole. When done and the door is closed the Rio should be hidden and the car will look stock. Also the plastic tray that is the cubby hole actually fits almost perfectly into the Rio sled when the Rio is removed. I should be able to remove the Rio and install the tray for a look that is close to stock when the door is open. More to follow. Oh, yeah. If anyone has the stereo wire color codes for this car, I could use them. They are NOT the standard Toyota color codes. I will be taking my Oscope to it to figure it out but if you have 'em it would save me some work.

C