Quote:
Other notes: Oh how I wish for a way to control the empeg from the Prius. I would be so happy just to have the track buttons on the steering wheel send forward and back commands to the Prius. I have very rudimentary electrical skills, and certainly no CAN hacking skills, so I can't make this happen, but how I wish someone could.

I had ruled out the use of something like the SWI-X or the steering wheel to Sony stalk interface because I wanted to keep the steering wheel control of the existing audio system. Turns out PAC has something new called the SWI-V, which leaves the steering wheel connected to the existing audio system, but also gives you control over an additional device using IR. I'd prefer something hardwired, but this'll do. Only problem is that the Prius is not on the list of supported vehicles. Bummer.

So, my options seem to be to give up all factory control and install something like SWI-X or SWI-PS (which do support Prius) to control the empeg, or to just deal with it and use the empeg remote.