Bitt, I think that's a fair way of putting it. I was pretty liberal during college while I studied broadcast journalism as a major and I was shocked at how anti-US and liberal (not always the same thing) the professors are, and they are training the people that go into these feilds. Libs are smart! They're using "Trickle-down Economics for Social Change". hehe.

I think many of us would argue that a) You can count the number of conservative national news outlets using just your thumbs Fox News and Washington Times. Where as liberal outlets include the big 3 networks, NYT, LA Times, all but one cable news network, etc etc. and b) Conservative outlets only seem so conservative because we're so used to liberal coverage. Depending on where you personally view "the center" to be, it will make you view coverage as biased one way or another. And who in the world doesn't grow up seeing themselves as "average" and "middle of the road"? The funny thing is that you and I (and the others here) care enough about this stuff to post and debate it while the other 70% of America doesn't give two shits about it! Maybe we should be asking them!

Someone here proved this when they complained of seeing O'Reilly (who is hated by many conservatives) everywhere. They "couldn't escape him!" He has a one or two hour TV show on one channel, one current book amoung hundreds at the stores and a 2 hour radio show. I mean, if you don't watch Fox News anyway, and are busy listening to your empeg, the only way you'd be exposed to him is if you were given his book for Christmas (oops, X-Mas).