Now, televangelists are Christian.
i have a problem with most televangelists. God to them is so poor and needy, and that its the viewer's duty to raise money for their ministry. Truth is, all Christains know the basic principle that He will provide always for each one of us. As well, for the Catholic priests, I believe that there is a two fold attack happening to the Church since its conception. Persecute from without, and corrupt from within. Most evangelical Christians believe that the Catholic Church's papacy structure is a result of this corruption within, but thats not to say that there's no problems anywhere in any other church.

However, you have to admit that there are Christians who act in these ways, and that does influence how others see Christians as a whole. Just as the behavior of a very small fraction of the world's Muslim population has influenced how people look at Muslims as a whole.
I hate to say this, but the world view of this is totally screwed up. The crazy ones are the muslim fundamentalists, and all the non-fundamentalist are seeking to distance themselves away, because thats not what Muslims are all about. Flip it to Christianity. You wanna know what Christianity is all about? Where would someone direct you to? One of those the-Word-is-without-error bible-thumping Christian fundamentalists or someone that wants to distance themselves from these fundamentalists? You judge what a belief system truly, in their foundation, stands for by the actions of the fundamentalists.