It's a much funnier version of Scorsese's point in The Last Temptation Of Christ about the gulf that can exist between what actually happened, and how history is written
While I agree that this is a particularly funny moment and the point is well made about how we can go wrong with interpretation, I won't go so far as to call this "a known bug in Christianity". I'd say it's a tendency of human nature of which we should be aware.

Oh, and I'd always thought the loaves and fishes thing was a sociological story about Christ persuading people to share what they had with one another, not a stage-magic story about Christ pulling 5,000 fishes out of a top hat.
I was actually taught this growing up, but that doesn't appear to me to be supported in the text. Actually the text doesn't say how it happens, and it really isn't that important. That Jesus performed miracles is supported in the New Testament throughout so my example could easily be applied to another scenerio.

BTW, the point of this whole discussion was to get a new beta, so why are you joining in?