All DirecTivos have cooling issues. Especially if you add two drives. On top of that, their stock fans are not the quietest. Then again neither is the crappy Quantum drive in mine. I would not put two drives in my Philips DSR6000 unless I re-did the ventilation in the case and included a couple of new fans in the top of the case. But that just adds more noise. I'm not into noise in the living room. DirecTivo's interface is pretty slow, but one of the best on any similar product. Especially slow is the Guide. Painfully slow in fact. I've got a Cachecard here to install which I'm dreading right now. I know it's going to have problems. Oh boy. I was holping not to have to read up on all the hack details, but I think I have no choice (bought mine pre-hacked but it looks like I'll have to manually apply everything again to get the cachecard working well). The hackability of Tivo is well ahead of Replay. Likely because there is just a larger community with a longer history. I'm sure commercial skipping is "neat" but even if it fails once every 20 times, that's too many for me. A 30 second skip isn't a hassle at all to use and should work well to quickly by-pass any commercial break. This would need some good reverse engineering on the Tivo to be implemented by someone in the community. Snapstream's BeyondTV3 marks commercial breaks and allows skipping between them if anyone is curious to investigate this on their PC. Bruno