Hello. I finally installed my Rio in my car after having it inside having to much fun messing with it for over a year. The way I had to wire it up is probably a little unusual but I will take a few minutes to try my best to discride it....

I am running Eclispe's DDL (Direct Digital Link) setup. Its uses a DIN mounted controller and a rear mounted DSL unit. When plugged into my Eclipse CD player it fixes (volumes does not affect the outputs anymore) all the gains and one pair of RCAs get run to the DSP. All volumes, front, rear, L, R.........options are now handled by the DSP itself. Thinking about this I figured it would be quit cool to run those fixed outputs through the Rio and fix the volume on the Rio then out to the DSP. I did not see any problems with these and I would still be able to use all my features of the Eclipse DSP with no problems. Before adding the Rio my system sounded great. Without getting into all the details I compete in sound quality comps with it and do pretty well. After adding the Rio and using the Rio 99% of the time I figured I needed to get ready for my biggest show of the year, Spring Break Nationals. So being IASCA will not let you use anything other then there CDs I started to listen to the CD player again through the AUX inputs on the RIO. Come to find out the it is distorted using it like this. I even unfixed the volume and turned it down some but this did not help. It seems as if the output gain is too hot going into the Rio. I have looked to find if there is a way to adjust this but about the only thing I can find is something in the INI file for boosting or cutting gains for each input. Is this boost and cut before the DSP chip? Does this sound to you like I am overdriving the chip?

I know that buying the Toslink output mod. for the Rio would be the perfect fix as my DSP has Toslink digital inputs and I have two open at the moment but I am not sure I will have the time and/or money to do it before the comp. at the end of this month. I also have a Eclipse DDL CD changer I could throw in but just would really like to see if I could get this setup to work. Beside this small problem the setup works and looks great together.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your input.

Rick

PS, yes i did check the FAQ, I think I ended you reading all of then just to make sure I was not missing anything plus wanted to know as much as I could. Even did a search on this BBS.