I thought Sainsbury's would be a "no hassle" option for buying dirt cheap electrical goods (like the tight-wad I am).

*Until* the tube blew on my Turkish-made 28" widescreen. Several in-home repairs later they engineer said that tubes weren't available and I would need to return it for a refund. I initiated the repairs just inside the warranty so I thought it should be pretty straightforward.

Wrong! The duty manager said that after 21 days my contract was with the manufacturer and she wanted nothing to do with it. Over the course of the next 20 minutes I tried to educate her on the Sale of Goods Act 1979 without success. I left after she asked me (and my father) to leave the store.

The manufacturer is now going to repair the set, but in retrospect I would have enjoyed suing Sainsbury's so the manufacturer didn't have to take the hit directly.

I have drafted a stinking letter to the Head Office, directly attacking the duty manager and store manager for their unhelpful and clueless attitude. Anybody got any good throwaway lines that make complaint letters sound even better?

Gareth