--------
In reply to:

-----
>>not releasing this fix reflects badly upon the SonicBlue brand.
And the fact that SBLU ran out of cash and went bankrupt doesn't?
--------[end quote]-----
Touche! While what you say is 100% true, d&m did think the brand was worth enough to take a risk and buy them out of bankrupcy. I'd say their current strategy is to take Rio back to their core compentency - high-end portable players. It's a good strategy, and one that will probably make the company saleable in a few years. That said, the mp3 market is becoming increasingly commoditized, and at the end, the only way D&M will command a premium price for the company is if they can get consumers to pay a premium price for their goods - Rio must be a solid brand. That's my 2c.

------[quote from TFabris]----
He said that when he got back from vacation, he'd see what he could do about posting the Receiver 1.04 software and the last build of the Central software (the one that got thrown back at you). Even if those things won't appear at the official Rio support site, he said he'd figure out a way to make them available for download from empeg.com unofficially or something.
------[end quote]------

Wow, that would be great. Supported, unsupported, given to me in a paper bag in a dark alleyway, all fine with me. Thanks!!!